Saturday 13 August 2016

Hello everyone!

 So I started my first project with one of the cabinet doors.   I picked one that i thought was the perfect size for a chalkboard Laundry sign.


  First I sanded "The Chosen One" and taped it off.  Then I used chalk paint to paint the frame of the door.

Once the chalk paint was dried I carefully removed the painters tape and then retaped so that I could paint the chalk  board surface. Using Rustoleum Chalkboard Paint I painted a first coat on the chalk board surface and then waited 24 hours to let it dry before  I applied a second coat.






Then I took a sanding pad and distresssed the chalk paint frame. Later I put some black paint thinned with water and a rag.  I rubbed it all over the cream chalk painted frame and rubbed it in to further distress and give it an aged look.

The next step was to take a clean rag and rub wax into the chalk paint frame buffing it as I went. I'm not quite finished waxing and buffing yet as I want to put two coats so I applied a second coat of wax and am waiting for it to dry now.

I then painted the word LAUNDRY on the black surface.
VOILA my laundry sign made with a cabinet door!


1 comment:

  1. Haha the chosen one ! That's funny. It looks really good finished. I like the last picture beside the wreath. Hopefully other people will find this informative and make their own !!! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete